I firmly believe physician entrepreneurship has the power to fix healthcare for doctors and patients.
As an entrepreneur I have always been able to practice to the best of my abilities, never had to justify my decisions to an employer or insurance, and I've always been in control of my income. Being a physician entrepreneur has allowed me to serve my patients without sacrificing myself and my family in the process. I recommend every physician start their own business.
And I have 5 specific reasons why:
- You build a business that serves your lifestyle, not the other way around.
- Your income is determined by you and not by some insurance bureaucrat.
- When you own a business, you stop exchanging time for money.
- You design services to serve your patients, not the shareholders.
- No middlemen between you and your patients. Ever.
Ultimately, becoming an entrepreneur allows you to do what my mentor Darren Hardy describes as "being able to do whatever I want, with whomever I want, in whichever way I want. Nobody has power over me and my decisions. If it's not a heck yes, it's a no."