Is This Keto?
Dr. E's Highway to Health Show Episode 4
WATCH THIS EPISODE
Subscribe to highway to health
Things to do to get started:
- Download app to track your macros for a few days. Don’t change anything yet, just make sure to log EVERYTHING. I recommend Cronometer, but there’s several others.
- Determine your net carb goal (recommended to start between 100 to 125 NET carbs) and plan your meals for the day with Cronometer.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Consider using exogenous ketones to kickstart your journey.
Not to do list:
- Go full blown keto right away.
- Do extensive fasts. Only try intermittent fast if you’re really interested in doing so. If you really want to do it, I’d recommend starting with a Bulletproof style intermittent fast.
- Buy (and consume!) keto / paleo junk food.
Questions About This Episode:
- Why is it good to eat fat?
- How can you get into ketosis?
- What type of low-carb diet is better for me?
- What does this have to do with fasting?
- How does keto compare to paleo?
- How does keto compare to atkins?
- How does keto compare to whole30?
- What is the best way to transition to a low-carb diet?
- How to calculate net carbs.
- Things to avoid when going low-carb.