How to Stop Freaking Out
Dr. E's Highway to Health Show Episode 5
watch this episode
Subscribe to highway to health
- Sit quietly for one minute and just focus on your breathing. Ideally first thing in the morning, but can be done multiple times throughout the day.
- Practice Ujjayi breathing.
- Be present. There is no wrong way to do it.
Questions About This Episode:
Jay is not your everyday meditation author. He went from a background in the arts to graphic design to touring around Canada with a hiphop crew and performing in front of thousands of people throughout his twenties.
Sex, Drugs and Rap music encompassed most of Jay’s life at this point but he soon realized that living hard, needed to change. So he moved to California where he discovered yoga and rediscovered his long forgotten meditation practice.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Jay discovered meditation as a child when trying to get away from his siblings’ constant bickering.
- How the roughest times of his life have been those where he has not maintained a regular mindfulness practice.
- How discovering yoga helped him turn his life around.
- Why the “target” of his book is the average blue collar worker.
- The profound implications that meditation has in our physiology.
- How you can start meditating today regardless of where you are.
Our Guest for this Episode:
Jay is not your everyday meditation author. Jay went from a background in the arts to graphic design to touring around Canada with a hiphop crew and performing in front of thousands of people throughout his twenties.