Dr. E's Highway to Health Show Episode 63
watch this episode
Subscribe to highway to health
Questions About This Episode:
- What most people associate with the term “martial arts” is external martial arts.
- There’s also internal martial arts. Internal martial arts are based on Qi Gong.
- Qi Gong means energy in its simplest translation.
- Traditional Chinese medicine has three main branches:
3. Qi Gong
- Qi Gong consists of regulating your body, your breath and your mind. In other words, it’s a combination of exercise –usually slow, gentle exercise–, breath work and meditation.
- Tai Chi is a form of Qi Gong
- There’s three branches of Qi Gong:
1. Medical Qi Gong
2. Martial Qi Gong
3. Spiritual Qi Gong
- Medical Qi Gong is for cultivating health, wellness, longevity, stress reduction.
- Martial Qi Gong is for inducing flow states and cultivating peak performance.
- Spiritual Qi Gong is primarily focused on cultivating higher states of awareness.
Our Guest for this Episode:
Dane Dormio is a martial artist & MindBody Mastery Mentor. Since his first spiritual awakening in 2004 he has dedicate his life to understanding and teaching the principles underlying optimal health and performance.