Talk Back to Your Anxiety
Dr. E's Highway to Health Show Episode 15
watch this episode
Subscribe to highway to health
- Break the worry talk and stop shaming yourself. Quit the negative chatter. We are too hard on ourselves. Intentionally switch a negative thought into a positive one.
- Acknowledge that stress and anxiety are affecting your quality of life. Seek out professional help from an integrative/holistic mental health provider. Find a therapist who will be your coach.
- Meditate. Visualize and practice seeing yourself with a smile on your face. Set aside at least two minutes a day for positive visualizations, meditation.
- Get adequate sleep and proper nutrition to optimize your brain health and reduce inflammation. Switch to a low carb, less inflammatory diet. See Dr. E’s suggestions in the resource section.
Questions About This Episode:
- Psychology Today to find an integrative and holistic mental health provider.
- Get started with meditation with Dr. E’s favorite gadget: Muse: The Brain Sensing Headband
- Read more: The Headspace Guide to Meditation and Mindfulness – Paperback | Kindle
- Listen to it for FREE when you sign up for an Audible trial today.
Related Highway to Health Episodes:
More About Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge
In this episode, Dr. Roseann shares her knowledge and expertise on stress and anxiety to help us understand:
- The difference between stress and anxiety.
- What can we do each day to keep our brain healthy.
- What tools to use to help us cope with and manage stress.
- How to recognize your default perspective on life in order to help you manage stress.
- The bottom-up and the top-down approaches to managing stress.
- The ways that nutrition affects how our brain functions daily.
- How to recognize the warning signs of children experiencing stress and anxiety.
- What parents can do to help their children who are experiencing stress and anxiety.
- Why you should seek help from an integrative or holistic mental health provider.