The Light Diet
Dr. E's Highway to Health Show Episode 60
watch this episode
Subscribe to highway to health
- Get up in the morning and watch the sunrise
- Get daily sun exposure in as much skin as possible. Up to two hours per day. Morning and evening ideally.
- Wear blue-light blocking glasses after sundown.
Questions About This Episode:
- We inherit most of our mitochondrial dna from our mother
- Environmental factors affecting the mitochondria are the ones we can control
- The light diet – 8 step process for optimizing mitochondrial function in today’s world
- Wear blue light blocking glasses after sundown and/or avoid artificial light so the brain can start secreting melatonin.
- Going to bed early, so you can get a full 8 hours of sleep so you can get up BEFORE the sun comes up the next morning
- Wake up and watch the sunrise
- Add a protein-rich breakfast within 30-60 mins of waking to help reset the circadian rhythm
- Artificial lights have a different “spectral composition” than sunlight.